Sometimes I just want to take a break from everything. Fashion is fun when you are really dressing up, but sometimes I just want to grab a pair of jeans and a white shirt.
I’m always amazed how some people can take a very simple outfit and make it rock!
On a very different note:
I have created a FAQ page because I think I have answered those questions a couple of times eversince I started this blog. If you want to add more questions for the FAQ section, just email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would answer them as soon as possible.
White shirt Club Monacco | Black jeans Levi’s
I love watching period films because I just can’t stop drooling looking at the costumes. I mean, there are just so many details and the level of craftmanship is really superb.
The last period film that I watched was Marie Antoinette and it blew my mind away. No, it wasn’t because of the story or the actors (but I do love Kirsten!), it was because of the costumes and the set design! I was always looking forward for the next costume and drool over the wonderful colours and patterns.
I think period films play a big part in influencing my personal style. Everytime I open my closet, I ask myself: “What character would I be today?” In my own world I could be anything that I want; I could be a court messenger, an assassin, a scholar or even a fairy! The trick is to play the role and you would own the outfit in an instant.
Believe me, that’s really my secret!
I leave you with this drool worthy trailer of Public Enemies! Can’t wait to watch it with my friend Michee of SundryFashionFusion.
Pinstripe white polo In Wear | Satin ribbon made by me | Black vest Mango | Striped blazer Zara | Newspaperboy cap forgot where I got it | Pants with suspenders Promod | Shoes Glaze
I have this 2 yards to lace sitting on top of my sewing machine since forever. I admit, I really don’t know what to do with it. (Actually, I planned to dyeing it just because its too white, but I’m not really sure what colour I want it to be.) Decisions, decisions!!
Looking at it this morning, I decided I would do another DIY gown. I don’t really have anywhere to wear a gown to, but I just really find it beautiful in photographs. Don’t you?
Underneath is just a black jersey v-neck dress I bought a couple of years ago. I’ve never really worn it anywhere just because of the very revealing neckline, but adding this lace on top makes me want to have a reason to wear it outside of my room!
Black jersey dress Tea for Two | Lace fabric Ilaya | Satin ribbon made by me | Lace open-toed pumps Luxe
Hello lovelies! Sorry for the lack of updates lately. No, I’m not really busy, I just don’t feel the creativity these past few weeks. Plus, I’m always at home, so no outfit posts. I need hugs! Leave a comment and show me some lovin’!
A few updates on my life, just in case someone is actually interested:
1. Lola’s closet is still under construction. Yes, I’m very lazy. I’m still trying to figure out how to accommodate international buyers. Which reminds me, are there any people around here who are interested in buying stuff from me that are not from the Philippines?
2. Add me up on Facebook and Twitter!! I’m always online and would love to hear from you! Also, I’m addicted to numerous facebook games. Ha!
3. I’m trying my hand on a new style of drawing and painting with watercolours. I just bought my sketch moleskine and is very excited to do my first painting on it!
4. Speaking of moleskines, Avalon.ph is currently having their 2009 blog hopping moleskine giveaways. If you’re from the Philippines, please read the details here.
By the way, I won the moleskine for the first week raffle! Weee!
5. I’m currently obsessing on Ugly Betty. I know Betty is supposed to be the unfashionable one, but I kinda like some of her outfits. Don’t judge me! Haha! Oh, I also love Marc because he reminds me of my lack of a gay best friend. If anyone is interested, please send your resumes to my email!
That’s it! I leave you with this drawing I did a few weeks ago and a promise to do an outfit post soon!